Lucet braiding is a method of making cord using a two-pronged device called a lucet. This technique has been around for over a thousand years, the resulting braids were used to hold up hose (Medieval leg coverings) or tie clothing. The Victorians used the braids to tie corsets and as decorative frogging. The braids can also be used to make necklaces, bracelets or even shoelaces.
|Click image above to see 'how to' video|
- A kitchen for you are happy to recycle into a lucet
- lucet (illuminatedspaces.com)
- The Braid Society - Lucet Braiding (wildapricot.org)
- 10 Genius DIY Lucets that will make you want to learn the skill – Stitch Diva Studios
- Thread and Wood Lucet projects
Getting Creative (littlebirdsos.co.uk)