Learn how to make beautiful dragonflies from upcycled tomato puree tubes.
In the video (click picture) we show you how to magically transform a used tube of tomato puree into a beautiful pair of embossed dragonfly wings, how to make a body from beads and wire and attach the wings. The completed piece can be used as a hanging for your garden or window.
|Click on the image above to see how to make the dragonflies|
You will need theses items for this activity:
- An empty tomato puree tube or similar item
- Dragonfly wings template - available here
- Card - a cereal box will be ideal
- Fuse or florist wire
- Scissors (not your best ones)
- Selection of beads
- Pen or pointed implement such as a knitting needle
- Acrylic paint*
- Small paint brush*
If you don't have any of the materials to hand we have a small number of kits for sale on our website.
Keep an eye on our website for forthcoming online events: www.littlebirdsos.co.uk