Pennant Project

A great opportunity came my way via Charnwood Arts these past few weeks since.  I have been working in a local school, helping them to make pennants for the Picnic in the Park event taking place in Loughborough next week. Working with children is always a dynamic, full on experience, but I do enjoy their enthusiasm and honesty. It was good for me to experience teaching some of the skills I'd formerly taught to adults, to a group of young people. One noticable thing I noticed was the way any rigid lesson plans or time schedule tends to disintigrate fairly quickly as the lesson progresses, and the teacher has to react and respond quickly and effectively with demanding learners. The end results indicated that they learned a great deal, and It was a great lesson for me in thinking on my feet!







Comments