This quirky unique brooch is inspired by the colours of summer. The flowers are made from a bedsheet, the leaves from felt, but the thing that makes it stand out the most is the textured edge of the leaves - made from a metal zip!
Click on image above to see 'how to' video
In the video above we show how to choose and prepare fabric to make the flowers and leaves, and create the zip edging. If you'd like to have a go gather the following things together.
- Download and print off the template, stick the paper to card (a cereal box is ideal).
- Green felt/felted wool blanket or a jumper for the leaves
- Cotton fabric for the flowers.
- A zip with about 20cms of metal teeth.
- Find scissors, needle and sewing thread to match your chosen materials along with some green embroidery thread.
- A brooch/safety pin.
Keep an eye on our website for forthcoming online events: