Happy Birthday :: Card Crafts


That moment when you realise that the birthday is today and the party is in an hour and you don't have time to go out and get a card, so you have to make one now. 
 That happened to me last week but luckily I had an idea and I think it turned out alright.  I salvaged an old book that was destined for the recycling bin and did a bit of snipping and got on my machine and did a bit of top stitching and came up with something I was happy with:


Anyway, I got a bit carried away over the weekend and ended up making about 20 of these:


And a few unique ones from the illustrations in the book that I brightened up with watercoloured paints. Now I have a stash to last a good few months, if not for the whole year ahead.  It's rather amazing what you can conjure from a bits of scraps laying around the home and a great way of getting the kids involved with a spot of card making.   You can use empty cereal boxes to stick your pictures to the card and make and envelope from paper using a template like this one on Lin O's blog page

Comments